Vous avez une question ?

Interrogez la communauté

internet & fixe les offres Internet Orange et options

Install Orange Fiber in my Apartment Building

Spaatz
contributeur

Install Orange Fiber in my Apartment Building

Hello,

I tried to get Orange fiber installed in my building in the 15th arrondisement but Orange said my line was not eligible because the building had not been outfitted with the necessary equipment for me to subscribe.

As a renter, this puts me in a tough spot because I cannot authorize Orange to do it and it requires the vote of the Syndicat.  

I sent a message to my landlord asking for them to bring the issue up at the next meeting, whenever that is but I want my fiber quicker than those slow luddites will ever get around to it so, I'd like to know if I can get some support?

Can Orange send me promotional brochures advocating for the installation of Fiber at the building?  Something I can put on the door of the building, in people's mailboxes and hand out to my neighbors?  

I am suffering with 1MB/s DSL right now and it is a bit ridiculous.  

Thanks for any information you can offer.

Richard

2 RÉPONSES 2
papou22
#TopMembre
#TopMembre

Re : Install Orange Fiber in my Apartment Building

Hy Richard,

Since this is an Orange CUSTOMERS forum, no one will be in a position to satisfy your request. In addition, I have strong doubts concerning Orange personnal to speak and write your language !

I would recommend that you go to an Orange outfit (possibly with an interpreter) to pick up some documentation and expose your problem.

Good luck !

Un problème bien décrit est déjà à moitié résolu

Yuki
helper

Re : Install Orange Fiber in my Apartment Building

@Spaatz , it's a requirement of French law that a formal agreement must be reached and signed at the building council level (the "Syndic"), because fiber optics wiring involves some amount of work in the public areas of the building.

I don't think that the Internet high speed is a good argument to convince the landlords -- if it was, they'd have signed the protocol already.

On the other hand, there are other valid arguments:

1-- The wiring is 100% free of charge and won't cost one dime to the building. It's a special subsidy of the French governement. Upon the signing of the agreement, the ISP operator chosen by the Council (Orange, SFR...) will do the scounting work, draw the blueprints, install the cables and handle maintenance entirely free of charge for the community.

2-- The wiring doesn't require a lot of work and won't damage the stairways. And landlords aren't forced to install the fiber inside their own doors if they don't want to.

3-- The fiber provides an added value to the building, which means... that they can increase the monthly rents  

Best wishes,

Vous avez une question ?

Interrogez la communauté

Déjà 755652 membres inscrits 🧡

2929 personnes actuellement en ligne

Tous les membres en ligne