Interrogez la communauté

internet & fixe ma connexion

Replace Livebox with a Fritzbox 7590

Andy73
contributeur
3 349  

Replace Livebox with a Fritzbox 7590

Hello, 

Sorry I have to write in english because my french is too bad!

I want to replace my Livebox with a Fritzbox 7590 international. 

When I connect the Fritzbox the DSL connection will be build up without any problems and the modem shows me a streaming of my VDSL2+ connection with 24 MBit downstream and 4Mbit upstream. The problems is that I can't build up a connection to the internet! 

I suspect that I need to setup the right values for VCI, VPI, VLAN-ID and the right PPPoa protocol.

My question is: can anybody tell me what I have to configure? 

Thank you very much! 

3 RÉPONSES 3
PhilDur
#TopMembre
#TopMembre
3 306  

Re: Replace Livebox with a Fritzbox 7590

Guten Tag Andy

Your Fritzbox is a standard modem/router, you can use it with your Internet access from Orange.

Just notice that you won't be able tu use it for Orange specific services like phone and tv over Internet.

"I suspect that I need to setup the right values for VCI, VPI, VLAN-ID and the right PPPoa protocol."

Good assumption.

Maintenant pour le paramétrage de ta Fritzbox, attend qu'un pro du modem passe par là

@Daniel35 , @Eric_Le_Grompf ,  @fredolerouge  ?

@Modérateur  ?

Eventuellement regarde la réponse de Fredo dans ce sujet : https://communaute.orange.fr/t5/ma-connexion/Configuration-modem-routeur-Linksys-WAG54G-V2/m-p/63525...

Cordialement

PhilDur

Faites confiance aux produits libres : Firefox, Thunderbird, LibreOffice, Irfanview, VLC, 7-zip, FileZilla
Votre machine vous en remerciera
Andy73
contributeur
3 294  

Hi Phil, 

thank you for your answer. I know that TV and VoIP maybe would not work with the Fritzbox. But that's no problem I only need internet connection. 

So I have to wait and hope that someone could give me the right setup for VCI/VPI and VLAN. The settings 8/35 didn't work! 

Greetings Andy

3 252  

Hello,

As regard a non-Orange router installation : you'll need to configure your router to use raw-IP + DHCP as well as vlans.

- raw IP : speaks by itself... PPPoE, PPPoA are being obsoleted by orange and replaced by DHCP (secured version. see RFC3118 if i'm right.). PPPoA has been obsoleted a long time ago in France. PPPoE is still used mostly in country side where telco concentrators are slowly updated. DHCP is here for the merge of vDSL and fiber technologies. Thus aDSL is also affected. Once maintenance is made in this "lost&forgotten" country side most liveboxes switch to DHCP.

-DHCP : very classical except that DHCP options SHALL be used to authenticate and to get the proper flow from Orange. If you can't preset DHCP Option 90 in your fritzboz... this router is a dead end.

-VLAN : use vlan 835. Please note that all vlans are documented in the livebox web interface.

The showstopper here is this DHCP OPTION 90 (and a few other minor ones).No known  router for public use implements it. Please also note that the formating of the string relevant to each option can change without notice under Orange control. There's even a "single connection" detection feature with rolling keys which is currently available but remains dormant (sleeping ?) for now. To be clear : rolling keys are the digital keys dynamicaly changed when in use. this tech is currently used for alarm remote control, garage door openers, corporate vpn accesses, etc.

Regards,

Eric.

Vous avez une question ?

Interrogez la communauté

Déjà 755306 membres inscrits 🧡

2692 personnes actuellement en ligne

Tous les membres en ligne