Vous avez une question ?

Interrogez la communauté

internet & fixe mes services Orange

DSL no sync but telefax working

BitEater
contributeur occasionnel

DSL no sync but telefax working

Hello,

my adsl stopped working but the phoneline is ok.

i tried to powercycle the router/modem, tried an other one.

Called service client from my phone (the line with the dsl is for the faxmashine)

they asked for my mobile number and never called back.

There is now a dossier "en cours de traitement" in my espace client asking me to be patient... since more than 50 hours. Calling 3900 and entering the nr. of the adsl line tells me that this is a PRO line and i should call 3901.  That seldem recognises spoken "assistence" (would be great to be able to use the phone-digits*#) and when i can and be asked to enter the number, they tell me that there is a problem (yes, i know!) and terminate the call.

Also chat-robot django tells me that the dsl/internet on the line ist _not_pro so i should call 3900.

What can i do now ?

3 RÉPONSES 3
PhilDur
#TopMembre
#TopMembre

Re: DSL no sync but telefax working

Hi @BitEater 

First of all check internal cabling, connectors .... every single device between your fac and the plug in the wall.

Any doubtfull component must be fixed.

Then change xDSL filter.

Avoid no_name devices and first prices.

You said : "Calling 3900 and entering the nr. of the adsl line tells me that this is a PRO line and i should call 3901. That seldem recognises spoken "assistence" " it was  not the best choice  (in french write it assistance next time) you where already connected to assistance call #, in case of retry, simply say : "téléphone en panne".  

Keep us informed of your coming checks and changes.

Regards

PhilDur

Faites confiance aux produits libres : Firefox, Thunderbird, LibreOffice, Irfanview, VLC, 7-zip, FileZilla
Votre machine vous en remerciera
BitEater
contributeur occasionnel

Yes, long weekend comes so i have time to check the cabling from the demarc Post in the cellar to the router and the change/remove the filter (DSL should sync ok without it, the two wires of the line go straight to the DSL Port while only the POTS port is filtered.)

I have already tried to change the dsl-router; it is not an el-cheapo device (Cisco C897 alternative C887VA and can also check the alcatel/thomson/... device from FT)

and hope the DSL part of my Cisco did not die by lightning/overvoltage .

Starting was 10:39, so i suspect that the patch to the DSLAM has been removed during some works in the central telefon office (there is only one near the railway station).

Sure i keep you informed of my adventures.

BitEater
contributeur occasionnel

problem is partly solved by using the speetouch 510v5. after connecting that

on teh line and replugging it back onto my cisco gave my now (adsl2 not adsl2+) sync,

that had been adsl (without 2) before. So it looks like a technical change.

My longer posting yesterday evening was suppressed by the moderator because of board-rules without explainig which one i broke. probably a little bit critique on their not-responsive SAV ?

Vous avez une question ?

Interrogez la communauté

Déjà 754876 membres inscrits 🧡

2611 personnes actuellement en ligne

Tous les membres en ligne