Vous avez une question ?

Interrogez la communauté

internet & fixe protéger mes données et mon accès internet

English speaking Forum???

bluepotato
contributeur
6 435  

English speaking Forum???

I understand this is France but English speaking clients pay  for Orange services.   We are made to pay even more when we need hellp as we have to pay extra for English Telephone Assistance - we are made to wait and pay for at least 5 minutes of announcements in both  English and in French these automatic anouncements are to  inform French people not to call English hotline!   

I therefore think that we should have an English Speaking Forum as well. 

11 RÉPONSES 11
papou22
#TopMembre
#TopMembre
6 431  

Re : English speaking Forum???

Good morning @bluepotato (It does not hurt to start a discussion with a minimum of politeness),

This is a request that should be directed at Orange people through the various contacts means that are at your disposal. This forum is not one of them. This is a customer oriented forum.

Although I doubt that Orange France will do anything about creating a separate English speaking forum, if you have any specific question to ask, please feel free to do so on this one. It event happens that some of those Frenchies do master you universal language, to some extent !

In addition, why dont you use this one ?

http://www.englishforum.ch/tv-internet-telephone/50997-orange-uk-orange-switzerland.html

Have a nice day

Un problème bien décrit est déjà à moitié résolu

Tkannecy
contributeur
6 020  

I am searching for the method to reinitialize my Decouvert 2010 contract.

I have tried to do it on Espace client, I have tried to chat, I have tried to call Orange,..

Till now I have not found the way to reestablish my internet line.  No help at all.

So, I support bluepotato and I do not think he is rude at all!

papou22
#TopMembre
#TopMembre
6 016  

@Tkannecy,

Did you read my answer just above your post ?

You cannot expect anything more from this forum.

sgthul21
contributeur
5 868  

have you tried calling the english support help line?

I called and they helped me out and I don't speak french, I am an American living here in France so I understand how hard it is to get anyone to speak english.  Here is the website that I found the phone number.

http://www.orange.com/en/Footer/contacts/clients/all-customer-contacts

2AngloAbroad
contributeur
5 502  

Brilliant.!!!!

I will be calling this number tomorrow and will provide an update. I just moved here from Switzerland, where all the manuals, the letters, bills and emails for my TV/Internat/Phone provider were in English. Yes, English speakers should learn to speak French, but only having been here a few days I am sure that our French cousins can understand the frustration we face trying to set up everything. The guy in the Orange shop, although polite, was absolutely no help at all and just said "you must set it up yourself, there are manuals" as he handed me the boxes... not much help, and if he had let me know about the English helpline, it wluld perhaps have made my first experience of orange a little nicer.

9y9ue9r
contributeur
5 318  

I would like to know why Orange doesn't translate automatically like Google does ? I'm finding it very hard to understand -   They translate all language emails that are not English ! Thank you  -Taimi Discala

papou22
#TopMembre
#TopMembre
5 311  

Hi,

Orange is an Internet Service Provider (ISP) and an French national company. This company's role is to provide you with a connection to Internet and nothing else, unlike Google that is a worldwide company that has a different business model. If orange provides you with an internet connection, what happens on Internet is not of it's concern and this company cannot be everything for every body (if it was, the cost would not be the same !).

You have plenty of free translation services on Internet. Nothing prevents you to use them.

anbrdn
contributeur
4 714  

Re: Re : English speaking Forum???

Hello @papou22 ,

Don't you think you're going a bit hard on English-speaking customers ??

English speaking people are not only about people coming from English speaking countries. English is a global language spoken by tourists and expats from all over the world. French is a difficult language to learn and as the main ISP company in France, Orange should provide forums and shopping websites in English, as most of our European neighbors do. Most ISP companies in Japan translate their main pages, even if most of the physical retail staff doesn't speak a word of English.

The tourism industry represents a huge part of France's GDP, so this pretty ironical, don't you think ?

Internet written information is pretty basic and it's time Orange recognizes it as a responsibility. They're being childish for the time being. They have to catch up, it's 2018 ffs

#genuineFrenchHere #supportingExpats

papou22
#TopMembre
#TopMembre
4 705  

Re: Re : English speaking Forum???

Hi @anbrdn,

It's a bit strange that you adress me directly on a subject that is more than two years old !

You should adress your complaints to Orange and tell them what you think they shoud do and not do. As far as I am concerned, I am a simple customer, just like yourself, and have no pressure means on this company.

Vous avez une question ?

Interrogez la communauté

Déjà 753007 membres inscrits 🧡

2274 personnes actuellement en ligne

Tous les membres en ligne